"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Granny, What a Big Heart You Have!

I had spent the previous day in a wonderful class of Animal Communicator, Mary J Getten.  The class focus was on 'Animal Death and Spirituality' and it was a much needed reminder to me of keeping connected to the 'higher' realms beyond and within this limited physical reality. 

It was a breath of fresh air as my consciousness drifted up then broke the surface of this world, like a bubble rising to the surface of a pond and bursting free of the watery confines into the air where it belongs. 

I was surprised by how caught up in the dramas of day to day life I'd become without realizing it, so that I'd forgotten what it was like to connect to the bigger picture. And I was greatly relieved to find how quick and easy it was for me to reconnect again as if no time had passed since the last time my spirit was allowed to unfurl into its wholeness. 

I had found out long ago that I seem to have an easier time talking to dead animals than live ones, and so this class was great as I got to spend time with a woman's schnauzer, who had passed a few years ago, and impart some messages and lots of love to her former owner. I also got to connect with Truffles, a family dog from awhile back, and was delighted to find out that the footsteps I sometimes feel on my bed, usually when my cats are no where to be seen, are his. But the best thing I got from the class didn't occur until the next day. 

Mary has specialized in communicating with whales, in particular the orcas of Puget  Sound where she spent years as a naturalist on a whale watching boat. So yesterday I was sitting reading her book Communicating With Orcas: The Whales' Perspective that she'd written on her experiences with the orcas, specifically the matriarch whale of one of the pods who is known as Granny. I'm just reading, minding my own business, when I turn the page and a picture of Granny came into view.  I spontaneously felt this wave of energy wash over and engulf me. It was like this sparkly, electric excitement and love, and then Granny's head just appeared in front of my face (my eyes had already closed on their own accord by this time). I was speechless and didn't know what to say so asked if I could just hang out. I'm pretty sure she was laughing at/with me then, and I just kind of swam through her energy. Finally I thanked her and asked if I could meet her sometimes in my shamanic journeys and she said she's happy to do so. Her energy slowly receded as I continued to repeat the only words I could find, "Thank you thank you thank you..."



I opened my eyes again and looked around the Starbucks where I was sitting, and giggled at the fact that the other unsuspecting patrons hadn't a clue of what I'd just experienced in their midst. I breathed another thank you and blew a mental kiss to Granny. And I thanked Goddess as well for my life so rich with these deepening experiences. Life can be tough on the shamanic path, but moments like these make it all so worth while. 

Thank you Granny. Thank you Goddess. Life is so awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment