"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quest For The Hol-Z Grail

Recently a fellow Shamanic Practitioner friend introduced a very intriguing proposal to me. Despite our lofty spiritual aspirations and callings, we have both had our individual struggles with Zoloft and our unsuccessful attempts at trying to get off of it. Then she read an article by a woman who did a shamanic journey to meet the heart medication she takes, to find out that "Medicine is medicine." My friend's inspiration spread to me when she told me about this, and she asked if I wanted to take my own 'Journey with Zoloft,' as she would, then we could compare notes. What an awesome idea, I thought, and then, life being what it is, a month went by before I got the chance to take that journey.

I tried not to get to down on myself for procrastinating, trying to remind myself that everything happens in its own time, and when the opportunity occurred last night, I grabbed it. It was the first meeting of of a new Community Journey Circle in Seattle and, since one of the three journeys we did was a personal journey, I jumped at the chance to do a journey to the Spirit of Zoloft...
***
As usual, as I entered the Journey, I was greeted by Nathaniel, or more correctly, Nathaniel's nose.  It has become his signature way of meeting me in the Lower World, and I can't tell you the joy that spills from my heart whenever I see that fuzzy reindeer nose almost touching my own.  I scritch the proffered softness before me in greeting, then tell Nathaniel why I'm there. "Can you please take me to the Spirit of Zoloft?"

Instantly I am on his back as he runs all out, hooves churning the snowy field beneath us. And as we zip across this white plain with the blanket of a dark, moonless night hanging above, I see rising before us this gargantuan head, all lit up and hovering over the snow.  The misshapen face looks like something out of The Yellow Submarine and it laughs maniacally through slabs of teeth, jutting out in every direction.  There is no mistaking the threatening demeanor of this mad king, but Nathaniel doesn't slow a single iota on our charge toward it, nor is there any hesitation as we plunge through the chin of the face. 

Though I can't say that I was surprised that the head turned out to be a hologram, the entire scene reminding me of when Dorothy and her companions first confronted the Wizard of Oz, I was dumbstruck by what was contained with in it.  We came to a full stop and I found myself gazing at this shaft of white light, like a pillar in front of me, which held, floating in its midst, a golden, glowing grail.  Not your run-of-the-mill, garden-variety holy grail, mind you.  This one had antlers stretching out from either side of its brim. 

As I adjusted to this sight, and the radiance of light that bathed this chamber I found myself in, I glimpsed beyond the grail a shadowy figure.  Well, perhaps 'shadowy' is not the correct term, there being such abundant light present, but details were lacking.  All I could tell of the figure was that its cloaked back was to me, and his head bore similiar antlers to those of the grail.  "Herne!" I thought, this particular incarnation of the Lord of the Forest playing a major role in my personal mythology and fed by similar images from the Robin of Sherwood television series. 

I watched the left arm of the figure slip the cloak aside slightly, as the great head turned toward me, the antlers pausing at a dapper 45 degree angle.  Then, whether the antlers just disappeared or were removed by the figure, it was a tall, dark-haired man that gained substance as he approached me.  He bowed his head and took a knee before me, then kissing my finger as though it was encompassed by a ring of royalty, expressed his honor at being allowed to serve me.

He stood, and turning toward the shaft of light, drew the glowing chalice from where it hovered in the air.  He offered it to me, and as I took the grail in my hand and gazed at the white, glistening, liquid substance it held with in it, he said, "It is the cup of life." 

"There are many avenues home, none any less Divine than any other.  This is simply the one you chose, the one you created, and it is my deepest honor to be of service to you, to support you on your path, and to allow you to focus on the fertile, virile, and creative aspects of your life."

As I heard the call-back beat on the drum and knew it was time to return from this journey, I asked one more question.  "Will I always need you?"

"Of course not," he smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment