"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Making Tracks

I'm feeling long overdue for a blog post, which becomes a vicious circle because so much has happened since the previous post that I get emotionally bogged down with trying to figure out where to start. Do I need to fill in everything up to this point before writing about current happenings or just plow in to what is unfolding at the moment? I have so many things to write about (and I have 3 or 4 drafts of different posts started that I haven't finished yet) and the weight of all these things makes it difficult to even start.

Then this morning an image popped into my mind.  In my life, on my path, wherever I express myself, whether in my comics, or art, or poetry, or this blog, or facebook, or the stories I tell my friends and family, I leave "tracks."  Sometimes these tracks are on harder ground, and don't leave as good a trace, and other times they are on softer ground, such as my blog, where they make more of an impression and stick around longer. 


It's important for me to be where I am, so when I'm posting in my blog, I need to write about where I am in that moment, leaving tracks where I am stepping, and not 'back-tracking,' constantly going backwards to make sure everyone else knows every step I took to get to where I am.  If I do that then I never actually arrive, am never present, and am more concerned about everyone else knowing where I've been and what I've done, that I am not really garnering the lessons, the ground gained by those steps, myself.  If these lessons are not anchored in my own experience, then they are no good to anyone else. As I've heard from one of my greatest teachers, the best teachers teach from their own experiences, and there-by inspire others to live their own experiences.

Of course, in any moment I may be musing about past occurrences as pieces of the whole puzzle of which led me to be standing in my current tracks.  That's different from back-tracking.

It is a simple realization that no one other than me will ever have the complete picture of my life.  No one else will ever see all my tracks.  If it interests anyone to get a bigger picture of my life, they will have to track me over various grounds.  Even then, there is the space between the tracks, and it is that space where the magick happens, where the individual has to fill in the gaps with their own guess-work and intuition as to what propelled the next step.  In other words, I am not responsible for filling anyone in, or for explaining or justifying myself to anyone.  How freeing is that?!

My path has woven with and crossed the tracks of many others, all of which which I have benefited from, my own steps becoming stronger and more sure.  And if by walking my path and gaining the insights of every step, continuously moving forward and leaving the impression of those steps where they may fall, someone else can gain insights to discover their own direction and make their own tracks, I am simply thrilled with the honor.

So if you catch traces of my tracks in the mossy forest floor, and my path resonates with yours -- we seem to be going the same direction -- then I am honored to have your company.  Walk with me.  Let's make tracks.

4 comments:

  1. Ok this one makes me GIGGLE. You know how Winnie the Pooh talks in a simplistic, rather Toaist circular profoundness? Well I feel like I have just listened to his cousin.
    How interesting that this piece was all about walking around and making tracks and there you are healing your gait pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how these things work out, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. I read your latest post before this one. I did see your tracks today. Maybe you needed some thoughts headed your way. As far as your blog, it should be a no obligation blog. It should be yours, as you see it. I am working on a new blog...which is why mine is no longer visable. You don't need to digress; if you are moved to write and post, no prior post is necessary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, please let me know when your new blog is suitable for public consumption. I am eager to keep up with you! :)

    ReplyDelete