"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Just Part of the Job

I was talking to a friend just the other night and mentioned how I've lost count of the times people have approached me and, very hesitantly, asked if they could share some experience because they didn't know who else might understand such a weird happening, plus they were just a tad worried they were going crazy.  I usually meet this with a little laugh, assuring them that I can probably out-weird them any day of the week.

That seems to be at least one of my stations in this life, kind of mid-wifing people into the weirdness of this dynamic, quantum Universe,  because I can get really out-there-weird (which you already know if you've read much of my blog) but at the same time I tend to be pretty well-grounded, at least in comparison to the aery-faerieness that usually goes hand in hand with such experiences.  I think it's that balance that helps them realize that 'weird' is 'normal.'  These sorts of things happen all the time.  We just don't pay attention.  I've even been thinking about figuring out a way to start a support group for people who are just beginning to wake up to their spiritual reality, and all the woo-woo strangeness that accompanies that, so there's a safe, supportive place for people to come with such stories, where they and their experiences can be validated, and fears of insanity can be dismissed.

Why do I bring this up, you may wonder? Because, have I got a weird one for you!  

This particular happening happened last week sometime. I was driving either to or from work and I was listening to my Glee (yes, I'm a "Gleek") CD.  One tracked ended, the next one began, and I sat there in a slightly shocked state of surprise. "I don't remember that song being on this album," I thought to myself. "Huh..." 

I didn't think much more about it, just figuring I must have forgotten -- despite the fact that I'd been listening to that CD almost everyday for a while at that point.  Time goes by and this all settles to the back of my mind, until yesterday when I was trying to remember what song it was that had caught me by surprise.  I started clicking through the tracks one by one, listening to the first few notes of each until I recognize the tune then moving on. Huh... Nothing jogged my memory. Okay. Once more around the block. Nope, nothing.  What the heck?  It would help if I could remember what song it was, but that too seems unavailable. 

That's when I remembered the 'Jimmy Smits' thing.  A number of years ago, not long after meeting another friend of mine, we were talking about some out-there stuff, and my friend asked me if I remembered when Jimmy Smits died. "Yes!" I cried excitedly, "And then shortly after he was suddenly still alive and starring in a new TV show!"  "Yes!" cried my friend, at least as excitedly as my previous outburst.  Neither of us had ever found anyone else who remembered that, but the two of us did. It was like this strange overlap where we'd jumped from one parallel reality to another.

I'd remembered another instance from a long time ago, when I was reading the Seth books, and was first introduced to the idea of parallel realities and parallel lives. Seth talked extensively about such things and how they happen all the time but we just aren't aware enough to notice.  There was an anecdote where a pair of Jane Roberts' (The medium who Seth spoke through) students experienced a switch from one reality to another, literally witnessing the windows on their barn change to a completely different style than they'd always been, and yet remembering the prior style. This sparked a memory of seeing a movie (a classic along the lines of "Singing in the Rain" though I no longer remember which movie) that starred a totally different man than the normal version you could get at the video store.  I mean I had solid memories of this alternate leading man, and could clearly hear his voice, with its unique inflections, reciting the well known lines of this movie, even though in this reality, he has never played that role.   

With all this in mind, I text my Jimmy Smits friend asking if she'd ever heard a song on a CD that she didn't realize was on that album, and then when she went back later, it actually wasn't.  "Yes!" was her reply.  "Good," I answered, "Then we're going crazy together. ;)"

In the words of Captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager, "...Weird is just part of the job!"

2 comments:

  1. This sort of thing is sometimes called a "Time shift". Basically one explanation is that you (or whomever is experiencing this) shifts from one timeline to another almost identical "adjacent" timeline without realizing it. Sometimes you can switch back again too, again w/o realizing it, except for small "glitches". Check out this site: http://starfiretor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Una. I look forward to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete