"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Every Footstep

I seem to have crossed another new threshold. This past week, for the first time ever, I posted, as my facebook status, a quote I received directly from one of my own guides, as opposed to reprinting a quote from someone else or one of their guides. Might not sound like a big deal, but it seemed a pretty significant step to me.

So it had been a rough couple of weeks and I was talking to Fred, my Upper World spirit teacher, and saying how all this stuff was coming up lately that I thought I'd already dealt with years ago. It felt like I was going backwards. Fred, in his ever calm, patient, smiling manner, said --


"Every step is a step forward. Your internal pedometer doesn't have a reverse."



It was something I had kind of realized before, but the way he put it just seemed so profound and yet so simple. And it was exactly the perfect thing that I needed to hear.

I'm not sure what prompted me to post it, but I did it with hardly a thought about it. I guess it just seemed like something that needed to be shared, and in retrospect I realize it was also a way of taking another step into my power and claiming my abilities. I do talk to spirits and they do have a certain tendency to say some pretty prfound things. Apparently it is time to start sharing those things rather than playing it safe and keeping them to myself. I've been feeling lately like I really need tobuild more confidence, but I guess posting something in public, that you and ou alone heard, in your head, from a spirit, probably demostrates a certain degree of confidence, huh? ...probably...

Anyway, the quote itself reminded me of a song I'd written about 15 years ago, which I also wanted to share here as well:



EVERY FOOTSTEP


Here I stand where my heart is free
The Universe arrayed about me
With every possible path laid at my feet

Every time my pathway changes
All the Universe rearranges
To bring my back where circles are complete

Every moment is a new beginning
And every heart beat is a new song singing
And I wonder where I thought I might have been
No matter how far I may seem to journey
There's just no way to leave eternity
And every footstep brings me home again

With my heart I realign
In clarity the choice is mine
For what it is I truly wish to find

I choose my path in perfect freedom
Knowing each way fin'ly leads on
To the place we've never left behind

And every moment is a new beginning
And every heart beat is a new song singing
And I wonder where I thought I might have been
No matter how far I may seem to journey
There's just no way to leave eternity
And every footstep brings me home again

Brings me home
Once again



2 comments:

  1. I love your song Patrick!

    And Go You! for posting what your guide said--I have certainly not been that brave yet, but when I saw that on fb the other day it really touched me--I felt it was something I needed to hear too.

    Love and Light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna! You are always such a great source of support and encouragement. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete