"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Days of Thunder

I have an adopted little sister whom I love dearly.  As she works on the other end of the clock than I do, it's hard to schedule time together and so I hardly ever used to get to see her.  Then we hit upon an idea 2 or 3 months ago where once a week she comes and spends a lunch hour with me.  It's not perfect -- we both still have had scheduling challenges from time to time -- but we have an anchor, one day a week that we aim for.

We originally met at a drum circle a while back (and as synchronicity would have it, learned to make our own Native American style drums from the same teacher, whom my sister still works with), and so during one of these lunch hours one of us said, "We should drum!"  The following week we both brought our drums and had a very thunderous, high energy, incredible lunch time.  It was probably my best lunch break ever!

And so it has continued since then -- our private, little, weekly drum circle.  What has occurred to me in just the past week or so is that, in another act of synchronicity, the day that we happen to meet is Thursday (Thor's Day), the day of the week named for Thor - Norse God of Thunder.  And our Thursdays are thunderous indeed! 

I love cross-cultural/mythological synchronicities!

No comments:

Post a Comment