"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Goosey, Goosey, Goosey

I was on my way to the weekly Jyorei energy healing meeting in Seattle and, as I turned a corner at the South West corner of Lake Union, I looked over to a strip of grass along the shore and was delighted to see a pair of geese casually grazing there, and with them, a few of their young goslings. Okay, so "delighted" for me in this case translates into excitedly crying out, "Goosey, goosey, goosey!"  The thing is that, not only did it excite me at that moment, it also flashed me back to a memory which sent me delving through an old journal...

*deedilee deedilee deedilee deedilee*   (that's the sound of a flash back effect ala Wayne's World)

It was '96 and in this same area.  I had just dropped off my ex for a Goddess workshop, and since it was for women only, I wandered alone over to the shore of the lake (pretty close to the same place I had just seen the geese and goslings) and I sat down on some grass near where a group of Canadian Geese were grazing.  To my surprise and enjoyment, they continued to graze in my direction until I was pretty much engulfed by the gaggle.  Eventually they moved on again and I thanked them, and the Goose Deva, because I felt much restored from the worries and concerns that had been previously plaguing my mind.

On an impulse I stood up, asked the Goose Deva for permission to again approach the group, and receiving a 'yes feeling,' I walked over and sat down as close as I had been to them before.  While the others continued to graze unconcerned around us (and suddenly I feel like Jane Goodall), I found myself face to face with one who was also sitting on the ground.  I asked if she had anything to share with me, and I instantly heard her reply:

"Freedom -- freedom from need
 with all things provided for you."

I watched these magnificent birds enacting the truth and timelessness of this message right before my eyes as they fed -- all their needs provided for them without worry or concern.  I looked down at the goose feather I was twirling in my fingers, a gift from the geese I'd found near-by.  It was now imprinted in my mind with this message and I wanted to do something significant with it to help me stay mindful of this moment.

Soon after that I made a 'prayer stick' that I'd seen in a dream. Amazingly it came out looking exactly like the one in my nocturnal vision.  And attached to it, along with a crow feather that also holds significant significance for me, is this goose feather, reminding me of my Providence, and my connection to the Goose Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment