"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This Blog Brought to You by the Number 1

The other day, on the way home, my friend Kerry and I stopped at Alki Beach. We'd spent most of the weekend in the woods, and it was nice to sit by the water for a while. It's kind of nostalgic for me because Puget Sound reminds me a lot of the North Shore of Minnesota, where I spent a large portion of my childhood weekends, camping with my family.

Anyway, on our way down to the sand we were stopped by a couple of Hare Krishna people, and listened to what they had to say. As he was talking, one man said one of the most profound things I have ever heard. He said, "One plus one equals one."

Beyond this physical plane, in the realm of Newtonian Physics where duality seems to rule, everything is one. It is union. It is fusion. One plus one does equal one.

My mind then turned toward relationships. You can not be completed by, nor can you complete someone else. Each partner is a whole -- one. Not a half, not 3/4, not 33/54. One whole plus one whole equals one.

Namaste. We are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment