"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Adventure of Adventure

I am finding myself in a familiar spot -- in between. There are a lot of things in flux in my life right now, and I'm feeling rather suspended in that place where the old things are still clinging, and the new things haven't yet manifested. It is uncomfortable, and it brings up a number of personal demons for me, in the guise of self-doubts, fears. It's easy to start dwelling on the negative "what ifs" instead of the positive ones. "What if all these things I believe are just a bunch of hooey?" "What if I'm not good enough to create my best life?" Etc.



But what if all these things I believe are true? What if I am good enough to deserve my best life possible? What if Elvis really is still alive? ...ok. Forget the last one... There is a definite air of the unknown in the... um... air. I can interpret it as fear, or I can take it as excitement -- or both actually because doesn't excitement come from experiencing new things? Of rising above what you thought was possible? Overcoming doubts and expanding your limits?



It truly is an adventure. I have this belief that if a story doesn't have a happy ending, you ended it too soon. And so I've been teaching myself to take one step back from my life and look at it as a story unfolding in front of me. Of course I'm the hero of this particular string of tales, but the hero always triumphs, right? And so the questions become things like "Wow! How is he gonna get out of this one?" or "Oooo! Is he gonna get to kiss the girl?" It sets up a sense of anticipation and excitement. It makes me feel like I am beyond the particular story/drama -- 'in the world but not of it'. That the outcome while be a happy ending, that the hero (me) will triumph, is certain, it's just a matter of what happens in the meantime to get to that point.




Maybe that's why in visualization and manifesting, i.e. The Secret, you are told to put yourself in the end result and not worry about the 'hows'. That's where the excitement and fun come in. "I have no idea how I'm gonna get to that point (whatever it is - love, money, health) but I can't wait to find out!" That's where miracles enter in, and the miracles I have seen in my life have been amazing! And despite that, I seem to still come up with new and creative ways to doubt miracles... interesting...



Anyway, a few years ago when I was going through one of the toughest points in my life, following a possible nervous breakdown, where I was feeling smothered by darkness and hopelessness, one of those I found myself praying to for help was my childhood hero Davy Crockett. I figured as a boy I was taught to pray to the saints, as well as to my dead relatives, for help, and though Davy was technically niether of these, in a way he was both. And my prayers to Saint Davy were pretty basic -- "Please help me see this as an adventure!"



And so those prayers continue:











1 comment:

  1. "I have this belief that if a story doesn't have a happy ending, you ended it too soon." --You are my new hero.

    love, m

    ReplyDelete