"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Be-leaf in Magick


Above is a photo of a small, ordinary, unassuming oak leaf. Nothing to write home about, right? I guess that depends. To anyone else, probably. To me? In my eyes this tiny specimen of forest debris is, perhaps, one of the greatest gifts I have received. Ever. Is that weird? Let me explain...


This little miracle arrived in the mail the other day, courtesy of my sister who lives in England. She sent me some other things too, kind of a belated Christmas gift, all very cool and much appreciated. Each new little thing I uncovered was a new level of excitement, but not until this little leaf slipped from between a couple of pieces of note paper did my exhilaration peak. Holy crap!! An actual, organic piece of Sherwood Forest!!!



Many of my friends are well aware of my fascination with this famous greenwoode, and one of its myriad denizens in particular. There are even rumors of past life ties to a certain merry band. Rumors which, once heard, do not seem to surprise anyone who knows me.



One way or another, whether historical or lore, this mythos touches me on a deeper level than any other I know. It seems to exist at my core, my very essence, and is way beyond the ability of words to describe it. And here I hold a tiny part of that, all of that -- the entire forest held in a single decaying leaf, the entire legend resting in my hand.



Oh lads! 'Tis magick indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment