"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Fair-(y) Lady



Since last summer I've had an art project going, but for some reason have been unable to finish it. A friend has a small cottage on her land, and we were hanging out there one day when she started talking about how she wanted a big faery on her wall. "Got a pencil?" I queried. "Now?!" She asked. "Mm-hmm," I nodded.


Shortly I had pencil in hand and was drawing the largest figure I think I've ever drawn, reaching nearly from floor to ceiling, and dominating the little cottage's wall. I remember stepping back and looking at her with eyes of wonder, as I seem to always do when drawing, "Did I really draw that?"


Finally, gathering up my courage, I began adding color, which was very intimidating because I'd never worked on that scale before, and it had been a while since I worked in color even on normal sized drawings. What made me choose the colors I did, I'm not sure, but I didn't get very far, stopping with just her face in color, because it felt more and more wrong. She was beginning to appear Vulcan. Needless to say, that was not the effect I was going for.


And so she has lingered for months, in her state of in-completion. I would check in on her when I went up to visit my friend and always got a twinge of guilt for not finishing her, as well as for the color scheme which put a knot in my stomach. Still I felt no energy to go in and fix her. Not yet anyway.


At the time my friend asked me what her name was and all I remember was that it started with an "A" and sounded similar to 'appaloosa'.


Meanwhile, life moved on and during that same summer I took a reiki class (in the same cottage with the 'green appaloosa' faery overseeing us), getting attuned to reiki II. I haven't been doing a lot with the energy healing other than mostly helping friends, but still I became aware of a guide that always showed up at those times to aid in the healing. She was tall, with large wings behind her, and she was blue. I started calling her my Blue Faery, especially because she reminded me of the one in the movie Pinocchio, having very similar gentle, loving, helping energy.


Then recently, I went to reiki workshop, seeing as I haven't done much with it and I wanted to discover more of its potential. It was an amazing evening, ending with us doing a sort of 'lightning round' with everyone there getting a couple of minutes on the table while everyone else sent healing energy. We were stacked 2 or 3 deep at times, putting our hands on the person in front of us to combine our energies going to the person on the table, and all I could think of was that beautiful scene from Avatar where they were healing Sigourney Weaver's character and all the people were reaching out to touch each other, literally creating a web of healing. How cool is that?!


Before that point, though, we had paired off and were taking turns doing reiki on each other. When the woman who was my partner started giving to me, I saw my Blue Faery again and she gave me her name -- Alphalucia. Shortly after that I realized her name meant "First Light" (and as I write this it has occurred to me that Lucius, the name of my drum bag also means "Light"!). Then I remembered my cottage faery whose name sounded like appaloosa. It's her!!


It took until the next day for all of this info to filter through, and as soon as it did, I texted my friend. I now had a name and I knew why I hadn't finished her yet. She's supposed to be blue!



The pencil drawing of Alphalucia with some faery orbs appearing in the picture

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick, cool blog! I haven't read through everything yet, but am enjoying it--I especially like this story about the faery. :-)

    Anna F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Anna! Glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete