"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Artist In Resonance

I've become quite used to receiving visions of sorts during Jyorei healing sessions, which doesn't surprise me seeing as half the time is spent focusing on the Third Eye Chakra where visions are generally seen. And it is usually no surprise when it is an animal that appears to me in these visions, taking into consideration my ever expanding work with animal spirits. The last Jyorei session I went to was no different in that I did see a vision, and it was of an animal. But there the similarities ended because, whereas normally the animal, being a spirit guide or power animal, is strong and calm in its presence, this animal, a horse, was spooked and frenzied.

This definitely caught me by surprise and I was uncertain what was going on. I saw, and at the same time felt, myself with the horse sending him energy, trying to calm him, but it wasn't working. Then I felt myself let go of trying to send the energy, and just focused on raising my own vibration as high and as peaceful as possible. Almost instantly the horse calmed down and I could feel myself reaching out and running my hand gently down the middle of his long nose.

The revelation that followed this small demonstration was HUGE! Ever since I was little through to right now, fed on the stories of Tarzan and St Francis, I've tried with mixed results to get as close to animals, wild and domestic, as I could. Even before I knew about energy work, I realize now that I was basically sending them energy to try to keep them calm and allow me to approach. As demonstrated by my recent horse vision, this method does not always work. But, and here's the Aha! moment, when you bring yourself to the present and to center and to peace, this has a much better chance of calming another, whether human or beast, simply out of resonance.

Just as a bunch of clocks (the old fashioned kind with pendulums) left in the same room long enough will start ticking at the same rate, or women living together long enough will begin their moon-time synchronistically, when you are in your power focused on the divinity within you, those around you will tend to resonate with your frequency and become centered and balanced as well. Either that or they will become extremely uncomfortable and leave. There are certain people you feel really good around, just by being in their presence. Something about their energy just automatically cheers you up and makes you happy. That's what I'm talking about.

My counselor once told me that whenever someone thinks they know better than another person what is best for that person, there is violence present. It is an act of control, of power over. When I send energy at an animal to try to calm it, in a way that's an act of violence, an act of intrusion which automatically sets up a defensive situation within which calm is not too often a factor.

I think of those scenes in the Kung Fu tv series where Caine calms a frenzied horse simply by being present. He's not trying to change the horse, pushing intentions toward the horse, or trying to force the horse to be anything else. He's just being himself and allowing the horse to resonate with him. It's a yielding, an opening, an invitation, rather than a controlling or forcing. Caine's purity and innocence giving the horse space to return to its own purity and innocence. And the more I practice reiki and shamanic things, the more I realize that this is the way of healing. It is the presence and the mindfulness of the healer that allows another to find healing within themselves; The recognition of one's own divine self first, and then of that same divinity in another that opens a space for healing to take place.

Namaste -- The Divine in me greets the Divine in you

Oel Ngati Kameie -- I see You

No comments:

Post a Comment