"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

D'oh! A Deer!

T'was the day before Christmas and all through the store

I searched for a gift, but they had it no more.

I guess that my friend was just "shoot out of luck"

But turns out with me it was where stopped the buck.

When a great mass of hair I spied up on a shelf

A huge bolt of energy shot through myself.

What could it be had on me such effect?

My shaking hand reached before I could reflect.

Then what to my wondering eyes should appear?

A hide-covered drum bag with fur of a deer.

"It looks to be Elk," I so quietly mused,

"Like the head of my drum!" I was very enthused.

"But wait," the thought hit me, "It's awfully small."

I knew then it wasn't an elk-hide at all.

Slowly a shiver washed over my frame.

I realized why it had called me by name.

A spirit guide who I had worked with at length

Was of the same species. The shiver grew strength!

Then there in the store, right before my mind's eye

Drew forth the fair creature whose skin I held nigh.

"My name is called Lucius. I'll answer to Luke."

The waves up my spine told me this was no fluke.

Hesitantly I turned over the tag

To see what it cost to bring home my drum bag.

"Breathe," Gently whispered my voice to my self,

Then I breathed a brief prayer to this deer's sovereign elf.

"I believe in you Santa, please grant me a boon.

I know this is mine for my drum Cougar Moon.

A holiday miracle's all I request.

Thank you dear Santa. I know you're the best!"

That's when it struck me. A spark lit my eyes,

For I had saved money three quarters the size

The price that I read on that dec'rative tag.

My dear inner-puppy's tail started to wag.

And that's how my reindeer drum bag came to call,

And now nests my drum where it hangs on my wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment