"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

All In Gest

It was the 2nd of a weekly class I have recently begun with a new shamanic teacher. This one is slightly different from any others I've taken, though, in that it is ultimately a 3 year program. I was quite excited, having heard rave reviews from numerous sources about this teacher, including a dear friend who has had private sessions with her, and who is taking this class with me because of those personal interactions. I also find it amusing that I've been involved in the drum circle of this teacher's mother, who in fact is the one who taught the drum-making class where I made my drum, Cougar Moon, before I ever had a clue that the two women are related.

Anyway, I was furiously writing, trying to keep up with the profound phrases that just seem to flow from my teacher's tongue, when without warning or fanfare, my stomach just suddenly sank. A couple minutes later, when the teacher called our break, I suddely felt anxious and a little bit nauseous. It felt like I had a huge, tight knot in my belly. Not very pleasant.

After getting some water, which did nothing to alleviate the discomfort, I explained to my friend what was going on. She looked at me, and with a smirk on her face she replied, "Maybe you're pregnant." I looked her straight in the eye and said, "You know, there is something I've been meaning to tell you..." She laughed and asked if she could feel. "Okay, but in some places that means we're married now."

She is a Reiki Master, in fact the one who attuned me, so I welcomed her input if she could either make it feel better, or atleast tell me what's going on -- what issues are at the core of the feelings. So we stood there for a minute or two with her hand on my stomach, then she finally said, "I think you really are gestating something."

We started walking back to the class room and I joked, "Well I guess we'll see what happens in 9 months!"

I stopped short. "Holy crap!" It struck us both at the same time that this First Year class was 9 months long...

So I guess we will see what happens in 9 months, and who I will be reborn as... :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy crickey!! Good thing Noah and I get to feed you in a couple days. You need your nourishment!!

    ReplyDelete