"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Newton -- Go 'Fig'

It's funny how little things keep coming back again and again and again. I drew the above comic many years ago, but in case you can't read, in the bottom left panel, the third book title listed, (yes, the one after "The Scarlet Pimpernel In Outer Space") reads "Living A Quantum Reality In A Newtonian World." Now, when I drew it, that was just another seemingly complex-sounding title amongst the other whimsical and obscure books, but at the same time, that title has stuck with me up to the present -- Til just yesterday actually, when it popped into my head again.

I've been struggling a little lately, dealing with some interesting situations, and along with the gathering darkness of the shortening days, I've found myself starting to slide into a bit of a depression. Things have been getting a bit heavy, and I've been feeling like I'm constantly having to exert great deals of energy just to stand up straight and not be bowled over by the stuff going on around me. Then I remembered the Newtonian thing and the lights went on.

To me the Newtonian, or "old physics," world is the world of cause and effect, duality, mechanical clock-work, separation, and as one friend put it once -- "mountain v.s. mountain." It is a seemingly lifeless, unmagickal, unenchanted reality, and when I get caught in it I get depressed. In fact, looking back at the "Anxiety Years" of my life, I can clearly see that all the anxiety, fear, worry, doubts, crises, were due to not being able to see beyond this world.

I am not denying the physical world, it's existence, or it's purpose. We are here for a reason and it's not going to do anyone any good to ignore certain things -- gravity for instance. It's just getting trapped into thinking that it is all there is to reality -- and "trapped" is the perfect word! -- is a pretty bleak place to be, at least for me -- your friendly neighborhood unicorn. -:)

In fact, one of the first things I did that turned me around during those years was to hang a print of a famous painting on the wall: Midsummer Eve by Arthur Hughes --


This picture became a life line to me, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that. This became a portal connecting me to the unseen world, reminding me that there is more to reality than meets the eye. Every time I'd look at it my spirits would lighten exponentially as I recognized the "other" world, the world that lies behind and supports the three dimensional world, the world that the Newtonian world is made from -- the Quantum world. It reminds me of the phrase, "Be in the world, not of the world."

There is a river that runs through my soul, and that river is called "Whimsy." It's waters feed and bathe my very spirit. It can not exist in the Newtonian world -- not without a portal connecting it with the other world, the Quantum world from which it springs -- literally.

MY world, my reality, is a quantum reality. I live in a holographic universe. Every cell, every atom, every quark is a living, vibrant, intelligent, faery light of a being. Every cell, atom, and quark is connected, connected in a great playful dance, for they are part of the same being -- there is no separation in my world. I am part of that dance, of that being, that laughing rainbow Mother Goddess of us all. We are in Her, and She is in us. The Universe is alive and bursting with intelligence, with humor, with light, and with love. Our Mother Universe is Love. And that truly is all you need.
...so why would I want to live in any other world?... -;)

No comments:

Post a Comment