"Your path is to be shared...It will be called The Golden Thread Road"
~White Buffalo Calf Woman
****************************************************
PLEASE NOTE: This blog has run its course and is being continued at windbuffalo.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for reading!!

Monday, October 4, 2010

As The Wheel Turns

So I have not been writing a lot in my blog recently, and while it may seem like it's because there's nothing going on, it is actually the opposite case; Not that I don't have anything to write about, but that things are happening and changing at such a rate that I can't keep up, and I get overwhelmed at all the things I want to write -- resulting in nothing getting written.


Aside from my self-judgements concerning this, I have to admit to still knowing that everything is happening as it needs to, in perfect timing and expression. This is not a new pattern for me, nor is it to be unexpected at this time of the year. We have passed summer with it's bustling activity, and I'm still carrying much of that frenetic energy with me, but he wheel of the year has turned toward the dark half of the year -- the time of quieting outer expressions to turn inward toward deeper introspection and contemplation. It is the time of the year when Bear returns to the cave, the womb of the Earth Mother, to sleep and dream, releasing the Summer and dreaming of Spring and all the good things she wants to see bloom.

In fact an interesting fact is that I started blogging just over a year ago with a private blog named Embracing Bear, Dreaming With Dark Mother based on just that subject as a means to juornal and sort things out.

And so I am slowing down -- not making as many commitments, and allowing others to run out. The only things on my regular schedule is my new weekly shamanic class, and doing Medicine Card readings the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at Soul Food Books in Redmond (sorry about the plug... :)). Other than that I plan on coming home after work, or keeping my weekends open, for more down time and the chance to reconnect with myself.

It suddenly occurred to me that I've not been getting any art done, as I run from one project to the next or to card reading gigs, and that it's not going to get done unless I schedule it -- unless I allow a space of time to actually do it. And so I am working down my Artistic To Do list and purposely planning a different project every night or day.

And I'm scheduling in "couch" days -- days on the weekend when I do nothing but lay on the couch all day snoozing and watching DVDs. In a recent psychic reading I received, one of the things she told me was not to undervalue these times. As I've already discovered, I need that space and time to maintain my sanity, and it is absolutely necessary for me to replenish my waning resources, particularly at this time of the year as night time out distances the day light. It is in the dark that the seed grows, that the wound is healed, that our ancestors lean closer. It is dreams in the dark of Winter that give birth to the light of Spring.

It has been an interesting trip around the sun, and by the look of things, life is about to get even more interesting on this turn of the wheel. We can only wait and see...

To the Bat Cave, Robin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment